From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 11:34:21 -0600
> I talk to a lot of comb honey producers and wavy cut-comb foundation is a
> prime concern to all.

Something I learned from a Japanese customer:

They buy standard frames that are cross wired normally, but do not have vertical
wires.

When they are ready to cut the comb they remove the wires by applying elecric
current at each end of a cross wire using a battery or transformer.

The wire quickly gets hot and is released from the wax.  It can then be cut with
side-cutters and pulled out through the end bar.

And... FWIW, you don't need to always cut frames up to sell comb.  We have often
selected newly drawn standard frames complete with wires, and which are white
and capped, and sold them both at our door and at farmers markets.  They go for
a good price. We even will take the frame and foundation back for a credit after
the customer has scraped off the honey, leaving the midrib & wires, and return
it to the bees to build again.

allen