From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2019 16:49:40 -0800
> >I just do not know why this myth is being perpetuated.  Pure A.m.m. we
> find to be very docile

Here in the States, early introductions of various stocks quickly went
feral.  In my younger days in Calif, those "wild" bees were dark and hot as
hell.  Ditto, from what I've heard, of other established feral populations
of dark bees, many of which carry various M mitotypes not typically
propagated by breeders.

This is not in any way to say that pure A.m.m. are defensive--just that
certain long-established feral or wild-type stocks of dark bees in North
America may be.  Thus the demand for more workable managed stocks.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA