From:
Tim Sterrett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 1996 20:58:54 GMT
    I just removed Apistan strips from seven colonies.  In every case, the
tops of the strips were glued (with propolis) to the top bars of the wooden
frames and the strips were glued where they passed down between the top bars.
 But (with one exception out of fourteen strips) the part of the strip
between the faces of the wax combs was clean of wax and propolis.
    Why don't the bees work on the strips between the frames?
    If I had left wooden strips in the same place, would they have been
covered with wax or propolis?
Tim
Tim Sterrett
Westtown, (Southeastern) Pennsylvania, USA