From:
"David L. Green" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 09:57:17 EST
In a message dated 2/13/01 9:26:43 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Do you have any tobacco growing near you. I have to watch mine as bees will
 gather pollen from the plants and its really dark(black) and doesn't taste
 very good. JIM kyhoneyman >>

   That didn't occur to me, as this was reported to be nice honey. Tobacco is
very foul.  I'd rather lick an ash tray.

   Tobacco fields are normally topped (flower removed because they want leaf,
not seed) but rarely a field is abandoned or neglected and bees get into it.

Dave Green
The Pollination Home Page:  http://pollinator.com