From:
"E.t. Ash" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2018 19:37:22 -0400
a randy oliver snip followed by> my comments...
Conversely, others use such failures as challenges to figure out what went wrong.

In my own beekeeping, I make the effort to revisit my previous conclusions
if I hear of others being successful with a method, until
I've finally gotten the method to work.  Only then do I feel that I can
legitimately decide that the method is not right for me.  And only
then would I entertain publicly speaking about whether a method "works" or
not.

>I recently made the comment to a friend here that I sometimes think 'intelligence' is way over rated.  If you historically look at great accomplishments (which imho always require a collective effort) perseverance is the primary human characteristic that often stands out. Luck or chance is also not to be discounted.

>Thanks Randy for pointing out that caste only includes female bee and not drones. Did not know that!

Gene in central Texas....