From:
queenbee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2007 17:34:32 +1000
Peter posted

> * I don't get the part about not clipping the queen's wing. They do
> recommend requeening colonies to "rejuvenate" them

As I understand it, it is supposed to be "natural".  That is the hive should
not be requeened but should be allowed to requeen itself.  This is the
"rejuvenate" bit.  If you clip the wing, then the hive cannot swarm if that
is their "nature" to do so.  I cannot see where this comes into the product
being organic.  After all they allow all those chemicals in the "organic"
honey.  Even sugar feeding is allowed albeit that it must be "organic".

Trevor Weatherhead
AUSTRALIA