From:
Garry Libby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Oct 1997 21:37:48 UT
Hello Allen,
                 I purchased one hundred frames of uncoated Pierco frames last
fall.When using them this past spring,some of the hives drew them right
out,others would not.I coated the undrawn ones with melted beeswax using a
foam paintbrush.They don't have to be heavily coated just be sure ton get a
little on all of the surface.I made sure to get the top of the foundation area
really well,also You have to move the brush quickly. Once I did this these
frames were drawn twice as fast as even wax foundation.I think the odor of the
fresh wax really attracts them.Also on a few I tried heating them in a warm
oven,this helped a little,but the frames cooled quickly.Hope this helps,Good
Luck,

Garry Libby
Boston,MA  USA