From:
Frank Lindsay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2012 19:11:38 +1300
 > I know how difficult it can be to find AFB as I spent a good portion of last spring going through my own hives with various stages of European foulbrood, sacbrood, and corn yellow brood only to finally find one with some light AFB.

 What is corn yellow brood?

After arrived back early spring from Australia a couple of years ago looking at EFB (we don't have this disease in NZ but are expecting to find it some time), the second hive I inspected make my stomack turn. A few cells of yellow brood just like EFB but tested negative. The lab suggested it could have something to do with varroa. The hive had shot gun brood, was treated for mites and the problem went away.

Is this similar?

Frank Lindsay
Wellington
New Zeealand