From:
Peter Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Nov 2013 09:17:37 -0000
>Beekeepers often seem reluctant to share such information, perhaps because
they do not share it with the tax man.

That is certainly true.

>I have always shared mine, as I include all my costs and so have
consistently made an annual loss over the last 50 years which the tax man
has allowed to be set off against other income. All fair and legal and
realistic!

Consistent losses for 50 years?  Why?  Wrong hive?  Wrong bees?  Bad
management?
I have made a consistent profit for 25+ years after losses in the early
years when investing in more equipment.  The tax man has done rather well
from me!

Best wishes

Peter
52°14'44.44"N, 1°50'35"W