From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 30 May 1997 10:29:31 -0500
On 30 May 97 at 1:00, MR WILLIAM L HUGHES JR. wrote:

> When I was younger my mother used to buy us kids whipped honey.  I
> have seen it mention in books, but I have not found how this is done.
>  So my question is does anyone on the list know how to make whipped
> honey?

My wife (Jean) starts with a fine grained creamed honey. Using a food
processor with *dough hooks* add the creamed honey and slowly
increase the speed of the machine. The strangest thing happens, the
creamed honey (slightly yellow) gets whiter and whiter and softer the
more you beat it. Any air which is whipped in will rise in the jars,
and doesn't appear to do any damage.
        Incidently while whipping is the perfect time to add flavourings.
Jean adds Lemon and Orange oils, delicious!!!!

The Bee Works, 9 Progress Dr, Unit 2,
Orillia, Ontario, L3V 6H1
Phone/fax  705-326-7171
David Eyre, Owner.