From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2014 09:02:22 -0700
Dr Ferrari and I have been corresponding about his studies for a long
time.  We've discussed his data extensively, and various ways to analyze
and interpret it.  To date, I have a hard time finding any link between
colony depopulation and geomagnetic flux.

However, his findings are of great interest, re the impact of GMF on bee
navigation, but IMHO need to be better confirmed.  This will be much easier
when we get the sorts of hive monitoring devices discussed at the recent
WAS conference.

A few flight monitors could then be used to plot daily flight, or
proportion of exiting bees to returning bees, vs geomagnetic flux.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA