From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2014 08:55:53 -0700

> >I was referring to wastelands as from the point of bees.

You should have known that we nitpickers would pick up sloppy wording : )

My take is that the most biologically productive lands, typically
quantified by the amount of carbon in the soil, naturally tend to support
biologically-diverse communities of plants, and are thus bee friendly.
 When they are converted to monoculture, especially, with the widespread
use of herbicides, they tend to become either bee wastelands, or one hit
wonders (think almonds, canola, or sunflowers).

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA