From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 2011 13:05:48 -0400
I wish someone could come up with a method of application (or, an
Applicator) to help 'middle size' guys like me.

First I don't understand Randy's use of a 'garden sprayer'.  I have the back
pack type.  Holds three gallons of liquid.  The amount dispensed is wholly
dependent on the air pressure which is wholly dependent on the amount of
liquid in the tank.  The amount sprayed per second is vastly different over
just the course of 30 seconds!  I am completely baffled by anyone who
maintains that the spray can be calibrated.  Please correct me.

I have used a syringe of the type used for cattle.  Holds 50ml, and is
graduated so one can see the dosage being applied and used.  As a two-person
operation, one tipping up the box and the other applying the dose it works
well.  However, most of the elasped time is spent refilling the syringe!
For 200 hives this gets tiresome.

I have no idea what Medhat was referencing in terms of 'autofilling'
applicators, but it sounds like something for guys with many hundreds if not
thousands of hives.  Not for someone with 200 hives and only 25-30 in a
yard.  Please correct me, if possible, and point me to somewhere to review
the applicator.

Hope someone can help...

Lloyd