Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 19:38:46 -0400
Another fringe question for the more learned among us:

Has anyone noticed observable forage preferences among different races of bees?  For example, when white asters are flowering next to goldenrod, would one race prefer the goldenrod, and another the asters?

Secondly, I noticed that my Russians have stored very little obvious pollen, unlike my Carniolans, which store prodigious amounts of pollen in Fall.  It has been mentioned on the list that some bees store pollen underneath capped honey.  Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks,

Todd.