From:
Peter Bray <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 1997 00:22:50 +1100
  Trevor Weatherhead <[log in to unmask]>n wrote:

> I am surprised the New Zealanders have not come forward to claim Sir Edmund
> Hilary as one of their own.  Yes he was the first man to climb Mount Everest
> and again I have seen newspaper cuttings plus articles in our bee magazines on
> a visit by Sir Edmund to Australia and promoting the fact he ate honey and
> kept bees.
>
> Trevor Weatherhead
> AUSTRALIA

Probably we are so parochial that we think Sir Ed's reputation is bit
like saying the Sun goes from right to left...... i.e. like not
needing to state the obvious :-)
Looks like NZ is having an average crop (8,566 tonnes = last 10 yr
avg.).  Late but finally some production!
Peter Bray,
Airborne Honey Ltd., PO Box 28, Leeston, New Zealand
Fax 64-3-324-3236,  Phone 64-3-324-3569  [log in to unmask]