From:
andrea young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2010 14:30:06 -0400
Hi Paul.
I have to agree with Randy...
We are starting to see the same issues with humans as relates to parabans
and phthalates, and BPA, in personal care products and plastics.
It seems as though no one item can be causally linked to a specific disease,
however, the chemical burden, i.e. the load in our bodies, is cumulative and
it turns out that folks with higher loads are at higher risk for developing
disease.

What I have to chide you for a bit here, though, is the fact that you left
out the very first sentence of the new EPA paper, i.e.
Given the new body of scientific information as well as the documented
presence of atrazine in both drinking water sources and other bodies of
water, the Agency determined it appropriate to consider the new research and
to ensure that our regulatory decisions about atrazine protect public
health. Atrazine’s re-evaluation process has always been dynamic, not
static. This review is based on transparency and sound science, including
independent scientific peer review. Based on this evaluation, the Agency
will decide whether to revise its current atrazine risk assessments and
whether new restrictions are necessary to better protect health and the
environment.

It turns out that the first studies were done with exposure to loads at
levels for short periods of times. The EPA now concedes that the effects are
cumulative, over both lifespan of the individual and over generations,
especially in the area of fertility and reproduction and metamorphasis.

It does indeed appear that even the Gov, where the wheels grind extremely
slowly,  is revisiting the statement that Atrazine, and other chems, are
'safe'.

Cheers.
:)A

--
"When the well runs dry, we learn the worth of water" - Benjamin Franklin