From:
al picketts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 08:58:54 -0300
> In message <[log in to unmask]>, Sharon
> Labchuk <[log in to unmask]> writes
> > Mass Die-Off of Bees Near Medford

Sharon and all,
Thanks for that post, Sharon. We beekeepers on PEI can empathize with any
beekeepers who have suffered major losses. Our hearts go out to you. One bit
of advice: if you start getting remarks from other beekeepers (or so-called
experts in whatever field) like, "Guess you didn't treat for mites" or
"Maybe they all died from a brood disease and you don't know what you're
doing." *PLEASE* don't let these selfabsorbed nasties get to you. I have
been fielding this type of backlash since I went public with our suspected
Imidacloprid problem. Some comments are very stinging and come from
beekeepers very close by who seem to take pleasure in another's misfortune.
You know your bees and your operation. You know when something is happening
that is out of the ordinary. You may not know exactly what is causing that
problem but you know a problem exists. The loss of your livestock is
devastating enough without letting confidence-crushing abuse comlicate the
situation. We wish you well in your troubled time.
Al