From:
Doug Ladd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Aug 2011 12:21:30 -0500
I inspected my maqs hive on friday, all queens are living. Saw about approx
a 5 day brood break as I only had capped brood and tons of eggs. The queens
went to town laying back in empty cells, since I saw no larva and spotty
capped brood which I already have I do assume some brood kill, although in
the thick grass it was hard to tell. I did have decent mite drop, although I
treated on open screen bottoms on pallets. I saw dead mites piled up on the
strips and on the pallet boards. I know its not great but its my
observations fwiw...

the temps were in the low to mid 90's and on one day I believe the temp was
around 98's. These are above recommended temps but I had nothing to loss...
I did have the top sealed and the top box slid back a little...

Again nothing scientific but its something.

Trying api-guard now per Randy's website to see how that does...