From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 13:55:41 -0400
>Does anyone out there know where a person can purchase wood rosin to be
>used in a coating to protect woodenwear used in beekeeping?I am located in
>Manitoba. Thanks.

Hello Murray and All:

A large plant making rosins (there are MANY grades) from pine (they are a
byproduct of the manufacture of turpentine) is:

Hercules Incorporated
Wilmington, Delaware
19894    USA

That's the head office,  the big plant is in Georgia, I think.

A Canadian company that sells smaller quantities is:

L.V. Lomas Limited
99 Summerlea Road
Brampton Ontario
L6T 4V2
416-458-1555

Rosin is one of those things that is MUCH cheaper in bulk.
I bet you could buy a barrel of it for not much more than a music shop would
charge for twenty little pieces to rub on your fiddle bow.  But then
transportation....

Rosin, rosin oil, mineral oil, and BEESWAX can be used to make your own
flypaper.  So stick that on your list of beeswax uses Herb!

Regards, Stan