From:
Bob Darrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2009 22:22:39 -0500
On 7-Jan-09, at 8:09 PM, Chris Slade wrote:

> This has been worrying me for some time. At gatherings of
> beekeepers an
> amazingly high proportion seem to be wearing hearing aids. Is this
> because of
> some as yet unrecorded side effect of bee-stings or of honey
> consumption or is
> it that beekeepers tend to live longer than most folk and thus
> display evidence
>  of the aging process

Hi Chris and all

30 years working in hydro electric plants and high voltage
switchyards, followed up with 5 years working within a few feet of
airport runways and taxiways followed by 10 years of my wife saying
that the TV is too loud are my reasons for having hearing aids.  Even
she has never blamed my bees.  Maybe its my age

Bob Darrell
Caledon Ontario
Canada
44N80W