From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2018 08:00:08 -0800

> >One glaring problem,  the comment that "honeybees" are takeing all the
> pollen and nectar and ruining it for other pollinators.  IMO complete
> nonsense.  In 99% of the world the huge majority of pollen and nectar is
> simple lost to the earth again,  blown away by wind,  or washed away by
> rains.

In comments to agencies questioning whether to restrict honey bees, I've
done the math, which indicates that it would take a helluva lot of hives in
an area to seriously compete with native bees for pollen, esp when the
natives often prefer plants that honey bees don't.  Even around my area,
which I've got densely stocked with bees, as Charlie says, most flowering
plants have plenty of pollen still in the blossom at all my observations.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA