Date:
Sat, 19 Dec 2009 11:22:58 -0800
--- On Sat, 12/19/09, allen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Henry Pirker .........He showed how he could trigger massive brood rearing in indoor wintered hives just by raising humidity.  He had good bees and lots of pollen in the hives.
.
Allen, are you saying, then, that brood rearing in the winter is reliant more upon humidity than whether or not it is after the Winter Solstice?  I'm located in southwestern Alabama and we've just had the wettest December on record and it is still only the middle of the month.  BTW, we do have yellow mustard blooming profusely now and hen bit is starting to bloom.  I've noticed pollen coming in about two weeks ago, which to me, indicates that brood rearing is occurring.   And this occurred before our stint of wet weather.

Mike in LA (Lower Alabama)