Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2018 21:18:22 -0400
> So, a queen-less colony. But to my hobbyist eye and ear, neither colony was exhibiting a typical queen-less signs.

Normally, when I find a colony with no eggs, I put a frame of eggs in there and check back in a few days. It is possible that a queen is present, but hasn't started to lay yet, or they may be queenless. When you check back there should be queen cells started if queenless. If no cells are started it's possible she's in there and is OK, or she may be unable to lay for some physical reason. I am not convinced that electronic monitoring is particularly useful and the only electronics I really want around my beeyard is occasionally a camera.

PLB