From:
Bob & Liz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 09:35:51 -0600
Hello Rick and All,
I'm curious why there has not been any mention of the U.S. Honey =
Promotion Board Referendum. Is dialogue on this subject off limits?

Actually I believe very few Bee-L members will actually be casting a ballet so prefer to sit and watch. Only those paying the Honey Board will receive  ballets. Mine came yesterday.
The thought at the ABF convention  and expressed to me personally by those at the Honey Board Booth is  the Honey Board  *may* be history.
I believe the Honey Board will survive but only by a narrow margin.
( maybe get lucky like those New England Patriots! Hi Bill !)  While the industry is on the chemical treadmill the honey board is needed if a problem arises. I am not sure which way I will vote but leaning to keeping the honey board partly because of the tremendous effort put forth by the board to give us the kind of board we want over the last two years.
I will not be upset if the Honey board as it is now is dropped by the majority ( majority rules!) because I know a new honey board is being worked on to replace the old but it will take time to get the old replaced and if a problem arises in the meantime we may face the problem without a honey board to represent us. Both sides of the issue raise valid arguments in my *opinion.*
Sincerely,
Bob Harrison