From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 16:42:33 -0500
Hello All,
I have got a problem I have not been able to come up with a solution for and
thought maybe another beekeeper might have had the same problem and  found a
solution.

I use exterior metal insulated doors into the honey processing area. The
type sold at Lowe's , Home Depot etc. Mainly because of the insulation
factor and their being able to keep power washer water from running into
other areas of the building.

The problem is  we two wheel heavy  supers, 55 gallon drums etc. across
these thresholds at times (raining outside ) and the thresholds keep
breaking  out.

I have got two doors with broken thresholds at present time.
.
My idea is two remove the threshold and attach something to the bottom of
the door  to prevent water from entering the main building  area when I
power  wash, keep dust and  bugs, spiders, snakes and rodents( if they were
to show up in the future)   from entering the processing area and  keep heat
inside. Also the solution must be able to be approved by the health
department.

These are not doors which open to the outside of the building.

Those same type doors which do open to the outside never have a problem as
we do not two wheel across those as we use the roll up door.

The stock thresholds  work good but are a pain to two wheel a 55 gallon drum
of honey over. removing the threshold would make two wheeling through the
door easier.

Thanks in advance and the list is probably not interested in the above so
email me directly if you have got a solution.

Bob