Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2012 11:31:04 -0400
Aaron writes
<_http://www.ufodigest.com/article/wind-farms-may-be-responsible-mass-honeybee-disappearance_
(http://www.ufodigest.com/article/wind-farms-may-be-responsible-mass-honeybee-disappearance)  Mystery  solved!>

Great post.

It illustrates the faulty logic we've been seeing.  1) Take a map of  wind
farms,  2) take our 2007 map of CCD, 3) dismiss all losses in the  SE 1/4 of
US as weather related, 4) ignore the fact that both bees and wind  farms
tend to be common to rural areas, and finally, 5) average everything  over
state-wide scale, rather than specific locations of affected  beeyards and wind
farms, and 6) you get an apparent correlation.

People need to review the difference btw inductive and deductive
reasoning, force fitting of facts to fit a hypothesis.  This is a great  example of
how not to do science, almost as good as the Harvard study.

(I should note that we averaged over states on our map so people  couldn't
pick out the affected beekeepers - which could be detrimental to  their
beekeeping operations - sale of bees, sale of product, rental of hives,  etc.
We still got complaints from queen breeding states.)

Also, I've been in most of those states, seen wind farms - they weren't
near any of the CCD yards we visited.  I have been surprised at how many  wind
farms I've seen in corn fields in Illinois, Indiana, Nebraska.  Don't  know
about MO, Bob?

Jerry