From:
Jane Beckman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 1994 17:17:22 PST
> Newsgroups are
>advertised to the WORLD by virtue their existance, tend to draw
>opinions vs real information and opens the discussion to every Malibu
>Skipper, Gilligan and Barbie who may see a beekeeping list and chose to
>invade it with inappropriate comments about the soulless nature of
>uncaring bee people who should willing accept unsolicited drivel on
>their list while respecting the poster's right to privacy!

This might actually keep these folks away from *this* list and let them
go play in the newsgroup, not in the bee-list.  And Usenet groups seem
to roll with the punches a bit better.

I don't see a reason why both entities might not co-exist.  I, personally,
would stay on this list, as well.  This is not just because I like the
scientific aspects as well, but because I don't always have time for Usenet
News.  I think a Usenet group might be best used as a supplement to the
list, and a place for the casual layman to drop by.

--Jane Beckman   [[log in to unmask]]