From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2008 20:16:58 -0400
At 09:31 AM 4/18/2008, you wrote:
>The following is the opening paragraph of Farley Mowat's book "The Boat Who
>Wouldn't Float"....

Farley Mowat. Haven't heard that name in awhile. Was in a place once
with my dad...Mowat's Landing, somewhere in Ontario. My dad was
convinced that was named after Mowat's family. I wasn't so convinced.
Mowat wrote other books, too, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Two come to
mind...although my puny mind can only remember one title. "People of
the deer" is about his stay with the people of the north as he tries
to discover what happened to the great caribou herds. The province
wants to blame the wolves, while he proves otherwise. His other about
a summer with the wolves, was made into a film.

Anybody know...Was Mowat's Landing named after Farley Mowat's family?