Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 16:18:07 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (46 lines)
Hello All,

The Lehigh Valley Beekeepers Association is sponsoring its fifth beekeeping seminar on Saturday, March 27, 2004.  Donation for the all day event is $20 in advance or $25 at the door.  This includes lunch.  It will be held at the Lehigh/Carbon Community College in Schnecksville, PA.  The college is located on Rt. 309 five miles north of Interstate 78 as it passes through Allentown in eastern Pennsylvania.  Due to its proximity to both I78 and I476 (northeast extension of the PA Turnpike), getting to the seminar is a relatively easy commute.  Scheduled time is from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.  For reference, Allentown is approximately one hour north of Philadelphia.

There is a full slate of speakers including BeeL's very own,  Jim Fisher.  If your are like me and believe that Jim Fisher does not exist and is actually an entity representing the collective knowledge of seven other individuals writing under his name, here is your chance to debunk that theory and meet him.  In the true Fisher style "jim" will be speaking on two topics:

"Bees Got HAIRY Eyeballs!"
        (Obscure facts about bees, some with practical implications)

"Girl Watching 101"
         (Detailed hive inspections without touching the hives)

This alone would be worth the price of admission.  However, there's more!  Other speakers include:

Maryanne Fraiser, Mid-Atlantic Apiculture (MAAREC) and Penn State University
        Dennis van Englesdorp, PA Dept. of Agriculture-Apiary Inspection
        Dennis Keeney, 2003 PA Beekeeper of the Year, commercial beekeeper and queen breeder.
        Herman Dannenhower, commercial beekeeper and comb honey producer.

We also have a tentative commitment from Dr. Dewey Caron, University of Delaware, however there may be a scheduling conflict.  There will be door prizes, an equipment raffle, and some new beekeeping items on display.

Although we do not have any rooms reserved there are an number of hotels that offer reasonable rates within a fifteen minute commute of the college.  There are also a number of prime attractions within a reasonable driving distance that could make for an interesting long weekend for those that will be traveling from out of the area.

Don't miss this event.  Our previous four seminars have been excellent (based on attendee surveys) and we expect nothing less from this one.

Registration contact:

Dick Olson;  [log in to unmask]  610-767-5978    (Advanced registration would be greatly appreciated.)

You can contact me for additional information, or if you have questions, via email at my personal address:  [log in to unmask]

Hope to see you there.

Ron

Ron Bogansky
Kutztown, (eastern) PA, USA

+

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
-- Visit www.honeybeeworld.com/BEE-L for rules, FAQ and  other info ---
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

ATOM RSS1 RSS2