From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 22 May 1996 10:26:32 -0600
>         You do have all the information needed to take the step into
> commercial beekeeping.  You just have to manipulate it and manage
> it.

Hmmm.

Well, there is a huge difference between a hobby operation and a
commercial one.

Priorities, yields, scheduling. to name a few.

Each time you change the scale of operation even 50% you run into
huge problems.  That applies whether you go from 20 to 30 hives or
2000 to 3000.

I've run into these problems every time I've increased.  It is almost
impossible to guess ahead of time where the bottleneck will be.

There is a lot to discuss here, but believe me  --- the best chance
for success is to take over a going concern, if possible.

Building up a bee business is a long hard climb.

Regards

Allen

W. Allen Dick, Beekeeper                                         VE6CFK
RR#1, Swalwell, Alberta  Canada T0M 1Y0
Internet:[log in to unmask] & [log in to unmask]
Honey. Bees, & Art <http://www.internode.net/~allend/>