From:
"Todd A. Bebb" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2014 18:33:28 -0700
> On Oct 7, 2014, at 5:49 AM, randy oliver <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> In summary, I am not opposed to the requested tolerances, provided that
> rock solid data exist for each crop, under normal field conditions, that
> the registered applications required to reach those tolerance levels would
> not create unreasonable risk to pollinators, both honey bees and native.  Such
> data should be made freely available to beekeepers and the public.

Going back to Randy's summary, I have three more questions:

1. Why wouldn't the registrants warmly welcome, and compensate any one of you from this Bee-List group to act as a third party "observer" of their field and lab work (peer review) as well as publish every possible non-trade secret discovery for the public to view? Transparency.

2. Why is non-commercial (retail) use entirely unregulated, especially for products that we know have issues and are currently under reevaluation? In this war on ACP here in Cali, CDFA encourages uneducated, unlicensed, unregulated use of IMI to homeowners for use in killing this pest. I was just contacted by our City of SB, Creeks Division, informing me and asking me why they just found detectable levels of IMI in all four of our creeks. Keep in mind that none of these creeks are influenced in any way by commercial Ag. All of this has to be coming from overuse/misuse by homeowners that have no idea what they are really using, but just see a really pretty package in Home Depot and think "if I use just a little more than Ms. Jones next door, my garden will look all the better than hers". In reality, here in SB most homeowners have gardeners that oftentimes don't read or speak English and are looking for increased monthly billings. They (mow and blow gardeners) are all supposed to have registered with our County Ag Commissioner for pesticide application certification training, but 99% do not, or will not.

3. Why would Syngenta have the cajones to ask for a 400% increase in a foliar application of a product that we know will cause serious harm if allowed, especially when theoretically you should not need to apply?