From:
Peter Loring Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2018 13:53:38 -0500
> If I recall the bottom line was there are 3 caste in the hive,  the queen use the "royal caste" when she picks,  but workers didn’t care,  and there was no difference in queen productivity?

Charles, that isn't really much of a summary. In fact, it isn't clear what you are even trying to say. It can't really be explained in 140 characters, anyway.

SEE:

Tarpy, D. R., M. Simone-Finstrom, and T. A. Linksvayer. "Honey bee colonies regulate queen reproductive traits by controlling which queens survive to adulthood." Insectes sociaux 63.1 (2016): 169-174.

Long, K., T. T. Cao, J. J. Keller, D. R. Tarpy, M. Shin, and S. S. Schneider. "Levels of selection shaping caste interactions during queen replacement in the honey bee, Apis mellifera." Insectes Sociaux 64, no. 2 (2017): 227-240.

Jackson, Kari Abraham. "Exploring winner effects in queens of the western honey bee." PhD diss., 2017.

PLB