From:
Cusick Farms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2017 15:19:28 +0000
At the risk of running down a rabbit hole, is it actually hard to find
non-gmo seeds?  A quick search appears to say no to me, but I'm just a
hobbiest.

Also my understanding (admittedly amateur on some of these topics) is that
even though the seeds cost more that is made up for in a combination of
lower input costs overall, and potentially (slightly) higher yields.  Those
yields  would likely be from better pest control at lower input costs.
Roundup application being cheaper than tillage, BT seeds being cheaper than
whatever spraying would have to be done for equal effect.

So those technologies would not be to directly increase the production of a
specific plant (rather than engineered to produce larger or more kernels
etc), rather to increase the pest control at a given dollar figure.  That's
how I took Randy's point anyway.

Oh yea bees, anyone working on GMO plants to produce more nectar?