Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 15:34:48 -0400
Tom Speight wrote:

> In message <[log in to unmask]>, Automatic digest
> processor <[log in to unmask]> writes
> >1 pound of honey by weight is 452.48 grams and requires a 12oz container
> >by volume.
> 12oz of what?? Water or mercury? The specific gravity is important when
> measuring weight against volume. As you are multiplying by 1.4375 I
> assume you mean water.
> This is not the same as a 12oz jam jar for instance.
> --
> Tom Speight
Since Tom took the above statement out of context, and for those of your
that missed the point I will make it a little clearer.
1 Pound of Honey by wieght is 452.48 grams and requires a 12 Volume
ounce container by volume.  That is a container based on a US gallon
were a gallon is 0.134 cubic feet or .0379 cubic meter and 1 US gallon
equals 4 US quarts with 32 US ounces to the quart.
12 ounces by volume is 12 ounces by volume if it is feathers or lead.
The lead will weight far more than 12oz by weight.
The weight of honey to fill the volume of 12 ounces is 1 pound or 452.49
grams.
Al Welk-Atlanta, GA