From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Sep 2015 08:59:59 -0500
The bees would move with the queen.  He noticed that in general those which
seemed highly attractive to the bees tended strongly to be the ones that
were not superseded rapidly after insemination.  This makes me wonder of
banked fertilized queens might show the same effect?

Yes,  they do.   I bank queens 100 at a time and see this a lot.  You will
also actually seem them NEGLECT a queen.  Its not uncommon for 1 or 2 to not
get feed at all.   I consider it prescreening.

  I have never banked virgins,  might be interesting to bank a virgin and
check,  and see if the results held after she was mated.

Charles