From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Dec 2013 13:19:12 -0500
I'd find it difficult to rank any one investigator as more important than any other.  However, my nomination is for Dr. Eva Crane, whose energy, attention to detail, and publications eclipse the efforts of the rest of us mere mortals.  More than anyone, she pulled together the core information and made it available to all of us.  One 600+ page book would have been significant, but 18 books and hundreds of articles, establishment of two journals and IBRC - that in my mind moved beekeeping and our knowledge of bees from a craft to a discipline and a science.

Jerry