Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 21:12:35 GMT+0200
Hi Rich and All

We have a number of wasps here in SA and with our latest super warm
winter (the winter has had a higher average dialy temp than the
summer average with temps being about 8 C above normal throughout the
day) they have multiplied dramatcally and are hammering my hives.

As a result I have placed little sticks with a split reed on top of
them near the hives. In the split read I have placed some contact
poison. when the bee robbers land on the stick to scout out and wait
for a bee to attack they die. It is terrible to do this I know, but I
feel seeing as the warm weather is a result of my species
intervention killing the result is a natural course to follow.

Keep well

Garth

Garth Cambray           Camdini Apiaries
Grahamstown             Apis mellifera capensis
Eastern Cape Prov.
South Africa

Time = Honey

After careful consideration, I have decided that if I am ever a V.I.P
the I. may not stand for important.
(rather influential, ignorant, idiotic, intelectual, illadvised etc)