Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 1994 21:16:21 -0400
In indianapolis a few days ago I saw a queen Bombus fervidus
(and, yes, RCP, they ARE turning golden yellow! neat) who seemed
on our flowers who seemed to have something on her.  I captured her
and found that a beetle, tan colored and about 4 mm long, was attached
to either her tongue or the underside of her head (couldn't tell which)
by gripping her with its jaws.  I pulled the beetle off and let the queen
go.  she returned to foraging.  I put the beetle in the freezer.

Does anybody have a clue what the beetle might have been doing there?

I will take it to a museum and have it IDed when I get time....
Liz Day