From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Aug 2016 09:09:55 -0700

> >However I would like to return back to the reason of your original post
> and ask if you have had any luck tracing down what happened?

In the end, it only happened in one hive.  It was a very hot day.  My sons
think that they left it on too long.  The odd thing was that instead of
simply running out the front of the hive, as bees normally do when the fume
board is left on too long, that they started dropping dead.

I'm finding that this thread has degenerated to silliness, as a
manufacturer of a proprietary product attempts to badmouth competing
products.

There are any number of foods from which one could easily extract "toxic"
natural chemicals.  Any beekeeper attempting to sell honey that smelled
like vomit would soon learn not to drip a bee repellent into his supers.
Humans can easily detect the aromas of butyric acid or its anhydride at far
below the level that either would be a concern to their health.

If that manufacturer wishes to pursue legal action with EPA and FDA, Bee-L
is not the venue to lay out his plans for such an action, which would
likely be looked upon unfavorably by the beekeeping community.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA