Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 2009 07:40:55 -0400
I recall losses of 80% reported from some states back with Tracheal mites
and the world did not come to an end.

35% loss, if over winter and with Varroa, nosema, pesticides and the rest of
all the plagues that have been around for years, seems a mild loss rather
than anything to cause a rapid run to the hills. We all would shrug off a
report of 25% with Tracheal as being a pretty good year.

All reports to date indicate bees are in good shape this year, which is just
what happened with Tracheal.

Mites, with their pathogens are cyclic.

We only need go back a few years to the CCD newspaper articles which were
generated by agendas that reported, in the US, 80% losses of all bees on the
East coast. But we in Maine still got the 60,000 plus colonies and last year
pollination rates went down because there were plenty of bees.

I am sure if you follow the source of the article, you will find an agenda.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine