From:
"Frank I. Reiter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 07:55:43 -0400
From: Dee Lusby

> Please note that varroa/trachael mites and secondary
> diseases were not
> mentioned above as that is already considered proven with
> prior 4.9mm wax
> foundation already in industry hands.

I am aware of various people who are using 4.9 foundation who *feel* that it
has provided them with mite resistance, but I am not aware of any formal
studies with controls that shows this to actually be the case.  If there are
such studies I would be delighted if you would point me to them - I have
been wanting to read one for some time.

If there are no such studies then I consider to be rather unfortunate that
the note quoted above seems to discourage people from reporting this kind of
information.

Frank.
-----
The very act of seeking sets something in motion to meet us;
something in the universe, or in the unconscious responds as if
to an invitation.  - Jean Shinoda Bolen

http://WWW.BlessedBee.ca