From:
Cusick Farms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2013 15:07:35 -0400
<I think you dodged the question Randy.>

Sorry not trying to speak for Randy, but I didn't read that as a dodge.  I
read it as: just as
half life varies with soil type, so too will accumulation (if the half life
is short enough in certain soil types it wouldn't accumulate from year to
year, longer and it would).  The previous question was talking about a
plateau in levels which is an acknowledgement that it does indeed
accumulate, otherwise the levels would never rise to a plateau.  The
question was on the mechanism that would cause them to plateau at a certain
level (which probably also varies with soil type).

I guess the real question then is, what levels does it accumulate too and
what effects will those levels have on bees.  As you point out increasing
the dose will increase the accumulation and I have to agree that putting
accumulating pesticides in the hands of the general public is certainly
risky business.  I know a lot of people that use systemics on their lawn to
control japanese beetle grubs.  I did a little reading and thought about
all the dutch clover in my grass and decided to just deal with the patchy
grass and holes left by the racoons digging in my lawn.

Jeremy
West Michigan