From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2006 16:59:54 -0400
[log in to unmask] wrote:
> This is wrong.  Natural foods don't contain all the nutrients in
> sufficient quantities we need to maintain wellness.  Good luck in
> finding carnosine in a plant food!  According to quality studies,
> supplementation is needed.  If you ever notice, strict
> vegetarians who don't supplement age quite quickly.

I checked out "carnosine" and find it is pushed rather strongly as a
longevity supplement by the natural foods group. I found many "trials"
of it but mostly from organizations I have never heard of.

There is a trial published in the NIH records that discounts any tie of
it to longevity.

I am astounded by the statement
> Natural foods don't contain all the nutrients in
> sufficient quantities we need to maintain wellness.
Meat is the source of carnosine. Meat is natural, hence the statement
makes no sense. Last I looked humankind is still hunter-gatherer.

We are going far afield, so I will not answer any further posts unless
beekeeping related.

> It seems to me that the stinging triggered something in the body that
> allowed it to help itself.  Without chemo or radiation.
I would like that to be true, but it is not. If I had pushed this on
others as a "natural" cure, I would be irresponsible. Any decent
scientist would recognize it as anecdotal.

I spoke of this a few years ago, that all spokespersons for natural
cancer cures have had cancer and survived, so it obviously works, since
they are standing in front of us and selling whatever natural food they
distribute. The whole industry is anecdotal since it was moved away from
the FDA by the natural food industry. You need no science to sell snake oil.

The problem with those who tout their cure from cancer, and what most
fail to grasp, is that the dead cannot refute the living. You can speak
of your failures as a beekeeper, but you cannot when you fail to cure
your cancer. You are dead and that spokesperson is still alive enjoying
your money. So you will not find anyone who can speak to you about the
fact that the cure does not work, since there are only the living to
speak to.

Science has to record its failures and publish them. There the dead do
speak. Not so in the natural foods world.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine