From:
John Caldeira <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jul 2016 17:43:02 +0000
Hello Bee-L,
Today I helped Fiji's Biosecurity Authority inspect some hives and we found a couple that exhibited odd uncapped pupa, though not as severe as the first report a couple of months ago.  Today's hives were located 40km away from the first apiary.  I'd appreciate your thoughts on what might be causing this:https://postimg.org/image/r5xrlc9u7/
https://postimg.org/image/uqtn4kedr/

For reference, here is the extreme case from a couple of months ago, which might be caused by something different:http://s19.postimg.org/h5cy8dw0j/Brood_Puzzle1.jpg
http://s19.postimg.org/q1nqcbmmr/Brood_Puzzle2.jpg

  In all cases, the brood appeared to be alive and normal.   Your speculations would be appreciated.   Thanks!

John Caldeira, Rakiraki, Ra, Fiji