From:
Bob & Liz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 07:59:53 -0600
Hello Allen and All,

* sufficiently large for varroa,

For the purposes you are using the tests as defined in your previous post you would most likely catch a severe varroa infestation.

I finished several years of dealing with fluvalinate resistant varroa  a few years back and your method would simply not detect either fluvalinate or coumaphos resistant mites . You can not find those by random checking.

I would not toss my sticky boards yet.

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison

Ps. *Food for thought*

How many times sitting at home at the desk or in the easy chair have we thought we knew what was going on inside our hives only to find the opposite when the hives are inspected.

Every bee inspector I ever met will tell you regular inspections is  key to successful beekeeping.

"regular inspections and TESTING are  key to successful beekeeping now" Bob Harrison 2002