From:
David Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 21:33:16 EDT
Dear Readers:

    The Maryland State Beekeepers Assoc will hold its summer meeting, on June
20, at the Harford Community College in Bel Air, Md, from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00
p.m..  Our featured speakers will be Dr. Scott Camazine and Dr. Diane
Sammataro of Penn State University, and Dr. James Amrine of West Virginia
University.  Dr. Camazine will speak on "Progress on Regional Research" (the
regional mite research conducted by Md, Pa, NJ & De).  Dr. Samataro will talk
on her latest mite control work with plant oils.  Her highly regarded book, "A
Beekeeper's Handbook", now in its third edition, will be available for
purchase from a beekeeping book vendor.  Dr. Amrine will talk on "Essential
Oils for Mite Control", so often discussed here.  If you are interested in the
latest on trachael mite control, this is the meeting you have to attend!
    In addition, a catered lunch will be available, for $7, limited to 75
people.  Be sure to buy tickets when you arrive.

    DIRECTIONS: Harford community College is located at 401 Thomas Run Road,
Bel Air, Md (410-836-4000), just off Md. Route 22, between Routes 543 and 136.
    From Baltimore, take I-95 north to exit 80, Rt. 543.  Take Rt. 543 north
about 6 miles to Rt 22. Turn right and take Rt 22 to the light at Thomas Run
Road, turn left..  Watch for the yellow "BEE MTG" signs.
    From Delaware, take I-95 south to exit 85, Md Rt. 22.  Take Rt. 22 to
Churchville/Bel Air, cross Rt. 136, and pass the Campus Hill Shopping Center.
Turn right at the light at Thomas Run Road.  Watch for the yellow "BEE MTG"
signs.

    Take a day off to catch up on your beekeeping knowledge