From:
"E.t. Ash" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 2017 05:43:41 -0500
a  Mike S snip..
For those who are new in beekeeping, what the suggestion above refers to is the method of using zip lock bags, pint, quart, gallon size, to feed bees.  The bag is filled with syrup of your choice, zipped shut, then placed above the cluster of bees and, using a razor blade, a slice is cut across part of the top of the bag.

my comment...
rather than a razor blade I use a fork to puncture the bags.  if I am using ziploc bags I normally puncture these twice about at the ziploc logo.  the quart size bags work real well in jester ez nuc boxes as long as you do not fill the bag all the way full and with larger units I use a gallon freezer baggie and an empty shell (I cut these from old rotten boxes on my table saw).

and thanks for the nice description of the use of baggie feeders Mike S.