From:
Coleene Davidson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 18:01:49 -0800
Hi Milt,
I have had bees for the past 4 years and can do prefer wood frames with
Duragilt foundation for both brood chamber and extracting frames.  It takes
a while to learn to pick out eggs on new comb but with a little practice and
the sun at the right angle it is amaizing how they jump out at you.   The
main thing is patience, and once you get the hang of it, you will wonder why
you ever had any problems.  As for the rest of my equipment, it is all wood.
I picked up some plastic hive equipment a couple of years ago at an auction.
I use the outer covers to hold honey supers after I remove them.  They are
great at keeping the honey from leaking all over everything.

Coleene