From:
Barry Birkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 19:03:07 -0500
>> OUR EXPERIENCES IN COSTA RICA. PART I.
>> Bee Culture - September, 1986
>> By ERIC H. ERICKSON, JR., BARBARA J. ERICKSON, and ALLEN M. YOUNG
>
> I guess this shows how little we understood in 1986.  Times change, and old
> ideas
> die hard. Probably fifteen-year-old papers should be quoted for historical
> perspective, but not as truth.
> - John Edwards, Tucson

Hi John -

I agree with you that older papers should be quoted for their historical
perspective, after all, the fact that it's an older paper should help give
one a better benchmark to work from. If the viewpoints in this article are
no longer held by these authors as truth, where might one find their updated
views? I'd be interested to read them. Actually, I found this article to be
quite refreshing and far more down to earth, without all the hype, than a
lot of what I read on the subject of AHB's.

Regards,
Barry