From:
Bill Greenrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2018 07:21:18 -0400
Is the hub any closer?  When I first started out and had bees delivered by USPS at my prior address (haven't done that in a long time), they delivered to the hub, which called at something like 0500, and I picked up immediately.  Worked out great, and it was only a couple of miles farther away than my local PO.  When I went to pick them up, there was a whole pallet of packages.  If it's closer (and they tend to be centralized, so might cut the distance down quite a bit for you), you could always ask them to do that, as it seems to be 'within the rules.'  Being an agency of the federal government, even an independent one, I doubt they will change their rules regarding local PO delivery.   Also, I don't know the actual distances for you, but Google Maps shows the driving distance between the two POs in question to be less than 20 minutes.  Assuming the office of the PG even investigates your request, they may not consider that sufficiently inconvenient to warrant violating their rules.  Assuming they don't agree to the deviation, is there a local bee club or individual, who does package runs?  In my area Craigs List is full of them by late winter.  Good luck.

Bill
Claremont, NH US